question

joewhite avatar image
joewhite asked

VICTRON MULTIPLUS 12/1600/70 COMBI internal red LED

VICTRON MULTIPLUS 12/1600/70 COMBI internal red LED

I set this up 6 months ago and was working fine. Then I altered the dip switches 3 and 4 then stored the settings by moving Dip switch 8 to โ€œonโ€ and back to โ€œoffโ€. Ever since this internal red LED has illuminated but everything else seems to work fine. Can anybody please tell me why this light is on and what it means?

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ยท

Manual appendix A:

alarmledmpc.png (339.4 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joewhite avatar image joewhite commented ยท

Thanks for this, I missed this on the Appendix. However, I am still not sure why it has lit or what to do about it... As I mentioned it came on after I changed some dipswitches but this states that it is not adjustable with DipSwitches. Is it only an alarm/pre-alarm for the three reasons mentioned or could it indicate something else? I have a control panel connected, could that have something to do with it?

Programmable relay By default, the programmable relay is set as an alarm relay, i.e. the relay will de-energise in the event of an alarm or a pre-alarm (inverter almost too hot, ripple on the input almost too high, battery voltage almost too low). Not adjustable with DIP switches. Near the connection terminals an LED illuminates when the relay is activated (refer to S, see appendix A)

0 Likes 0 ยท
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ joewhite commented ยท

As long as you have nothing connected to the relay you can ignore it.

If you want to use the relay you should use a MK3 interface and VictronConnect or VEconfig.

This are the default settings.
The relay will switch on if any of the alarms is on (2nd pic) and will switch off if non of the alarms is on.

0 Likes 0 ยท
veconfigvs1.png (53.3 KiB)
veconfigvs2.png (52.3 KiB)
veconfigvs3.png (53.0 KiB)
veconfigvs4.png (42.0 KiB)

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic