question

baneertje avatar image
baneertje asked

What do I have here??

I need some help to identify what type of Victron elements I have. This because I want to replace some items due to malfunction. So far I can tell I have the BMV 602s but I question the print on the shunt if this is compatibel with the BMV? This because there is only 1 battery input?

So I hope somebody can help me out and tell me what is wrong in this picture. At this moment when eveything is connected the BMV does not light up or works in any way.

Best regards, René de Jong

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mariowagner avatar image
mariowagner answered ·

the display is powered via the RJ cable coming from the Shunt. did u connect "+" to the shunt?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

baneertje avatar image baneertje commented ·

Yes, I did. After pulling the + out for rewiring and put it back again it didn't work anymore. I have measured if there is voltage and this was oke, also checked all connections but stil no live in the bmv600. could it be that the circuitboard is broken? And if so, can this be replaced by any other?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@baneertje

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Quick-install-guide-BMV602-website-EN.pdf

This document should help you get the install going. It also tells you what you should have.

If you are a video person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO8AGV4Z7K0

You should also have a fused red cable for power.

1 comment
2 |3000

baneertje avatar image baneertje commented ·

Thanks, figured out that I have the BMV600S but I got confused because of the 2 power connections on the back. I thought that only the 602 has that but probably this is for the temperature measurment?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic