question

locke avatar image
locke asked

Settings MPPT / BMV 700

Hello together,

iam using the MPPT 100 / 20 together with the BMV 700 and a raspberry pi for data logging to the VRM portal.

My Battery is a 230ah AGM

Solar: 310 Watts peak (2 Panels)

I would like to know the specification settings of the bmv and MPPT,

Do you know if there is any description about this?

For example (BMV 700)

What does mean:

- Discharge floor?

- charged detection time

- charge effeciency factor

- current threshold

- time to go averaging period

Is there any detailed description available ?

Thanks a lot for helping.

Greetings from bavarian

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello,

This is what the settings mean:

Discharge floor:

This parameter is used in the time remaining calculation.

The battery monitor calculates the time it takes until the set “discharge floor” has been reached.

It is also used to set the SOC relay defaults and is used in the calculations for the battery state of charge indicator icon on the battery monitor display.

For lead-acid set this to 50%

For lithium set it lower.

Low SOC relay (related to the discharge floor):

The set value is linked to the “discharge floor value”. Changing the “set value” will also change the “discharge floor” setting and vice versa.

The discharge floor setting is used in the time-to-go calculation and is located in the battery settings.

Charge detection time:

This is the time the “charged voltage” and “tail current” must be met in order to consider the battery fully charged.

The battery monitor will set the state of charge to 100% when the battery voltage has reached the “charged voltage” and the current has dropped below the “tail current” for a certain amount of time, the “charge detection time”.

Charge efficiency factor:

The “charge efficiency factor” is used to compensate for capacity (Ah) losses during charging.

The charge efficiency of a battery depends on battery chemistry, age and usage.

For lead-acid set at 85%

For lithium set at 95%

A setting of 100% means that there are no losses.

Current threshold:

The current threshold setting is used to cancel out very small currents that can negatively affect the long-term state of charge readout in noisy environments.

When the measured current falls below the “current threshold” value it will be considered zero.

A value of 0.0A disables this function.

Time-to-go averaging period:

The time-to-go averaging period specifies the time window that the moving averaging filter works.

A value of 0 disables the filter and gives an instantaneous (real-time) readout. However, the displayed “time remaining” value may fluctuate heavily.

Selecting the longest time, 12 minutes, will ensure that only long-term load fluctuations are included in the “time remaining” calculations.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

locke avatar image locke commented ·

Hello Margreet,

wow !!! Thank you very much and this is more precise for what i need.

One last question about the Charge efficiency factor.

Do you have any experience with AGM Batteries ?

Thank you very much

0 Likes 0 ·
Jan Zmrhala avatar image
Jan Zmrhala answered ·
2 |3000

locke avatar image
locke answered ·

Hello Jan, thanks. I already have this manual but i didn´t found any detailed information about e.g. charge detection time oder discharged floor.

best regards

2 |3000