question

xin avatar image
xin asked

Connecting Solar MPPT 250-85 on VE Direct

Hi,

I am working on an existing system installed with 1 x Colour Control GX, BYD batteries, 2 x Solar MPPT 250-85 charges and 1 x Inverters. Currently, the BYD batteries are connected to the Colour Control GX via CAN bus, the Solar MPPT 250-85 charger is connected on the VE Direct and inverter is connected to the controller via VE Bus

I are currently looking at augmenting the system with additional solar. There is only two VE direct port in the CCGX controller and one VE direct port on the solar charger. Is there any way I can connect the additional solar charger to the CCGX by paralleling the connection?

Thanks

MPPT ControllersCCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @xin

One of these is what you'll need.. https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/ve-direct-to-usb-interface

The VE.Direct ports can't be paralleled, but can be adapted to usb, and one of the usb ports will provide identical functionality.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rithym1964 avatar image rithym1964 commented ·

So do you mean if I am out of USB ports on the Venus GX I can use this cable to convert a VE Direct to a USB port and vice versa? The cable will convert both ways?

0 Likes 0 ·
xin avatar image
xin answered ·

Hi @JohnC

Is there another option if both USB ports are taken as well? Is there a connector that the VE.Direct can connect to and split from there?

Thanks

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@xin

Use a quality, powered, usb hub to expand the usb capability if you need.

2 |3000