question

adrianc avatar image
adrianc asked

Not reaching SOC limit

My system uses the ESS assistant and would normally discharge to the "minimum" or "active" SOC limit. Currently, this is at 30% for both. However, in the last month or so, the system is only reaching 38%, even if I switch off-grid. It seems to be switching at the sustain voltage (50v). The battery seems to be healthy and it's BMS is not giving any error. Also, the battery is charged to 100% every day. I even kept the batteries charged for 3 days but when trying it this morning it switches again at 38%.

Is this a setting issue (which has not been changed) or a battery issue? Or should I be checking something else?

SOCbattery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @AdrianC

Most probably: your discharge voltage limits in the Multi (ESS assistant)

This thus can be a sign of your battery loosing capacity, so you might want to discharge it less deep to prevent more degradation.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

adrianc avatar image adrianc commented ·

Thank you @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) , I will check out the battery as it is only 11 months old lithium battery with an average DOD of only 50%. It should not be degraded at this point with that type of usage.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic