question

faraday avatar image
faraday asked

Ac In At EasySolar 12/1600: 70v Ac Even though the Grid is Not connected

Hi there,

I just observed something strange: The Grid is Not connected But when I Turn on the Switch for the Ac Input there is 70volts ac on the AC IN.

An IF i do connect the Grid, the whole unit goes into alarm mode.

Does anybody have an idea or has Seen this behavior before ?

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Faraday

Did you properly ground your inverter casing? and where are you measuring the voltage exactly?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

faraday avatar image
faraday answered ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff),

I measure the voltage Right at the ACin 16A connector between L and N. Well, on the extension cable actually.

the casing is well grounded by using the proper bolt.

I did have the grid connected to the Unit but the circuit braker fuse Flicked - so I unplugged it and tried to find whats wrong. The Internal breaker did Not flick. Since then the Unit goes into Alarm (only Alarm LED on) - that state is not described in the Manuel unfortunately.

2 |3000

faraday avatar image
faraday answered ·

It is actually 72,5 V AC:

and here is Video of what happens when grid comes in: Link to Video

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Faraday

Can you please measure this at the terminals of the inverter?

Also please measure with the breaker open and input connected.

0 Likes 0 ·
faraday avatar image faraday Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

So, here are the measurements I Took today right on the Pins of the Terminal.

ACin breaker closed:

Between L + N: 68,1 VAC 50,00 hz

Between L + ground (chassis): 230,00 Vac 50,00 hz

Circuit breaker open, Inverter Mode ON:

Between L + N: 0 volts

Between L + ground (chassis): 0,035 Vac 50,00 hz

when the ACin circuit breaker is closed and i Switch the invertiert to Off, the voltage between L+N Drops to zero as it would when i Open the circuit breaker.

Will do the measurement with breaker open and connected input tomorrow. Today it was not possible.

I Hope the Stated measurement are already usefull.

0 Likes 0 ·
faraday avatar image faraday faraday commented ·

to the 2nd measurement with closed breaker:

Shouldn‘t the safety relay avoid exactly that?! The 230 vac from the inverter Are now let through to the output !?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ faraday commented ·

Hi @Faraday

Yes this should not happen and it sounds like a part of the 'feedback relay' is stuck,

Please contact your dealer for repair of the unit.

0 Likes 0 ·