question

kimmo-paukku avatar image
kimmo-paukku asked

Two GX device on same system, is this possible ?

Hello Sirs,

I can not find the clear answer... Yes or No

I have already CCGX on my system, but I would like to add second GX, Venus GX or Cerbo GX, in order to get more relay functions and also to be able to monitor ambient temperature and Air Con temperature.

I really don't want to remove CCGX out of the system, because its installed next to my setup and it is very handy.

So, is it possible to add second GX device ? :)

Thanks in advance.

Br, Kimmo

CCGX Color ControlVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

No, this will not work.

Of course you can connect another GX device, but it will form a separate system. GX devices cannot share information between themselves.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kimmo-paukku avatar image kimmo-paukku commented ·

Hi WKirby,

Ohh..... sh........ But Thanks for your answer. :)

0 Likes 0 ·
andy-2xs avatar image andy-2xs commented ·

Hi

Further to your answer, where you say you can connect a 2nd GX device, but not share between the 2 GX's:

I already have a Multiplus with CCGX plus a separate existing extensive N2K network & want to expand monitoring to include several tanks, wireless temp monitors & share some data from each of the CCGX & Cerbo with the exisiting N2K network.

I am happy to keep the the 2 GX devices as separate systems, and would prefer not to replace the CCGX with Cerbo+Touch 50/70:

Would it be possible to add Cerbo via VE CAN to CCGX and then connect the Cerbo to the N2K network via a single VE Can to NMEA 2000 cable?

Many thanks

Andy

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Hi @Kimmo Paukku

Have you seen there is a programmable relay on your multi or Quattro?

Check the technical specifications page of your manual. They also have the no/NC options.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I know those relays.

BUT, I would like to be able to monitor temperatures as well.

And the original question was, is it possible to use two GX devices ?

Br, Kimmo

0 Likes 0 ·
Bernhard Matschinger avatar image
Bernhard Matschinger answered ·

Hey!

from my knowledge - No it is not -

There is only one GX Device allowed per System.

When you think about monitoring: Use a web browser to monitor the system from remote.

But when thinking about connecting Temp Sensors: look at the connections available on the Multis --> they get monitored as well, when connected.

BW

Bernhard

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for your reply.

I just need 100% sure answer. :)

Yes, I use VRM for monitoring my system, and it works great.

My batterybank temperature is monitored by Pylontech and if I connect temperature sensor to my Multiplus, the system goes grazy and I get some alarms. So I cant use Multiplus temperature sensor. My Idea is monitor ambient and Air Con temperatures.

That's why I was thinking to add Venus or Cerbo to my system, if this would be possible. Also I would need more remote controlled relays... CCGX relay is in use already.

Br, Kimmo

0 Likes 0 ·
kimmo-paukku avatar image kimmo-paukku kimmo-paukku commented ·

...Any more comments. ? :)

0 Likes 0 ·