question

Rob Mitchell avatar image
Rob Mitchell asked

What if? Multiplus 3000 120v Battery Disconnected when on Shore Power

My Motorhome Question

Will I damage my Multiplus if the battery is disconnected while the multi is connected to shore power? I'm thinking of a weird use case where I've either switched off the battery disconnect switch or somehow my battery cable came loose.

shorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
sebastianlehmann avatar image
sebastianlehmann answered ·

Hi Rob, according to the manual and my experience, if your battery bank is disconceted or Low Voltage (0 volt) the unit Will not work, you have to have voltaje on the DC side, actually the manual says always connect first DC then AC and when disconnecting always AC first then DC.

So in theory it Will not "damage" it, it simply wont start/turn on/pass through AC power.

but it is never a good thing having a shore power falsing conenction because this lead to overheating of shore connectors so be carefull.

The other recomendation with shore power unatended is to put the inverter on "charger only" mode, this way if shore power fails your invertir Will not dishcarge your batteries.

hope it help.

Cheers

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic