question

viktor avatar image
viktor asked

Victron and Solar Edge - How to prevent AC voltage rise in ESS?

Hi!

Recently I have install a Solar Edge three-phase 15kW inverter, and After that I decide to add to one phase Victron Multiplus 5kW with solar charger Smart Soalar 250/60 with BYD and turn on Feed-in excess solar charger energy into the grid. (Solar Edge install on input of Victron). I though that this system will be work, but when Victron feed-in energy into the grid, the grid voltage increase above 250 volts and Solar Edge hight votage error occur. As alternative I deleted ESS assistant and turn on Victron as UPS, but in this case I cant use excess solar energy from Smart Solar.

Could you help me with this installation? Maybe anyone have the same problem?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

HI @Viktor are there many people on your grid line feeding back to grid?

This rise in voltage is not uncommon when grids are unloaded. The opposite being true, when overloaded the voltage falls.

Does the voltage rise happen in your system if you fake a power cut by switching off the grid feed? If it does then it may be system settings related. If it does not then likely grid related.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers