question

L G avatar image
L G asked

Power-off state of MPPT and BMV-712

At my remote cabin, I have a solar array tied to a 150/70 MPPT tied to a 24V Lionenergy bank, a BMV-712, and a 24V/3kW/70A inverter/charger. I just got it all working this weekend (woohoo!) however I was curious on how to leave it when I'm gone. I turned off the DC breakers from my array to the MPPT, and turned off the inverter. BUT my MPPT still showed like it was powered on and the BMV712 as well. Will those two units (the MPPT and BMV) draw my batteries down? How should I have disconnected everything for safe storage (for a couple months). Batteries by the way were left at 100% charge. Thank you!

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Lo G,

since both, MPPT and BMV are directly connected to your battery, they do not turn off. The good thing is that both draw only a few milliamps, even if in storage mode. So you can leave them connected.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

L G avatar image L G commented ·

Thank you @Stefanie! Also, how can I go about connecting my MPPT, BMV and Inverter to be controlled and monitored over the internet? Does Victron have a device that connects them to the internet? The bluetooth feature was super cool!

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ L G commented ·

You're welcome!

Look at one of the GX devices - namely CCGX, Venus GX or Cerbo GX. And then most importantly read about VRM.

These controllers can connect to VRM via internet so that you can monitor and remotely control your devices.

0 Likes 0 ·