question

onrbikes avatar image
onrbikes asked

Connecting Victron Easysolar?

Have just received my 24/3000 easysolar for my stand alone power system.

Its replacing an old Selectronic SA22 and controller, thats still working good. We're revamping the entire system . Batteries, panels and inverter.

Because the SA22 is connected directly do the house fuse/relay box am confused. The SA 22 only had a power point on the front, 35m2 cables going to the batteries, and then a power line going to the fuse box.

When I disconnect the SA 22 can I just run a line directly into the easysolar from the fuse box?

Where does it get connected to on the easysolar?

I'd rather keep the fuse box in place.

Thanks

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @onrbikes

You can do that. Once you pull the lower front cover the ac circuitry is quite clear. Just bypass the individual breakers and wire your existing board into the main output breaker.

You could even bypass the main breaker, but then you won't have AC OUT 2/3 breakers active, which are when your genny is running.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

onrbikes avatar image
onrbikes answered ·

Hi J

I'm only a M/Fitter so all this language is a bit alien to me.

Sounds simple enough to find the main output breaker and will wire fuse box to that. Not really interested in all the other accessories. We like it simple.

On our fusebox we also have a switch that allows us to plug a gennie into the house. The male plug is outside. Turn the breaker and the inverter is isolated and the gennie powers the house. We had it installed about 12 years ago, and have never used it. It was before we bought more panels.

We built this house 20 years ago and have never used a gennie on the house. The batteries are the original ones and one has finally failed. Thus the upgrade.

Getting sparkies out is a game especially on pre existing power systems. Then nobody will allow me to even mount my panels or trace conduit. All pretty basic work.

Thanks

2 |3000

onrbikes avatar image
onrbikes answered ·

All done. Had to get a Sparkie in, to help out. Only took him an hour.

2 |3000