I purchased a Victron SmartSolar MPPT 100/20 Charge Controller. I am having a problem with the charge controller cycling the load "On" then "Off" then back "On".
Description of failure:
1. The charge controller will show that the load is set to "On".
2. A 12v fan is connected that draws a max of 9W of power or a car cell phone charger is plugged in (without the phone connected or charging)
3. The charger controller will show that the load is turned to "Off"
4. Have a pause for 1 to 2 seconds
5. The load will then be turned to "On"
Notes: The charge controller never shows a voltage below 12.6 volts from the battery so I know that it is not pulling a large load from the battery.
I don't see how a 12v phone charger without a phone connected could be tripping the 20A capacity of the controller.