question

landuytg avatar image
landuytg asked

What do I need to connect my Victron MultiPlus and MPPT to the Cerbo GX/GX Touch 50?

Just bought the MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50, SmartSolar MPPT 150/70 and the BMV712. Other than communication cables is their anything else I need to use the Cerbo GX and GX Touch 50?

Greg

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Hi @LanduytG

This rather complex Cerbo GX connection overview shows what is required to connect each accessory.

You just need the correct cables shown for each component.

• RJ45 UTP for MultiPlus (note the digital multi control shown in the diagram is optional).

• VE.direct for BMV and MPPT

There is also a good description of how connections to Victron products work in this chapter of the manual.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

landuytg avatar image landuytg commented ยท

LanduytG answered ยท 4 secs ago

Thank you for the response. One last question, I assume I can control everything such as settings, inverter on and off etc with Cerbo?

0 Likes 0 ยท
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem landuytg commented ยท

For direct programming you need an MK3 USB adapter to connect a laptop to the Multi for programming with VeConfigure. VeConfigure for sure will get you to all the Multi settings.

You can also use VictronConnect, but settings you can change are more limited for now.

It was also a good idea to have a Ve.Direct USB adapter for devices without BlueTooth, but that's not necessary with the SmartSolar and the BMV712.

You can get to all the SmartSolar and BMV-712 connections via BlueTooth and VictronConnect.

If you have an internet connection you can set up VRM, and run remote VeConfigure, downloading the Multi's config file then running VeConfigure on a computer, then uploading the modified configuration. This allows you to use Remote VE.Configure, without needing an MK3 to USB adapter.

If you haven't purchased the BMV712, there's another option that might save you a few $$$: the SmartShunt. Functionality is similar but does not have it's own display which you really don't need with any of the Venus devices (CCGX, Cerbo GX, etc).

Edited by Guy to remove the doubts and add certainty :)

0 Likes 0 ยท