question

Simo Hassi avatar image
Simo Hassi asked

Colo Control GX remote installation

I'm installing a solar power system based on EasySolar 48/5000, which includes Color Control GX. It would be more convenient if the CCGX could be located on the other side of a wall, some 1-2 m away from the EasySolar. Can it be done simply by using extension cables?

If this is not possibel, is the GX Touch 50 compatible with CCGX and does it give all the functions of the CCGX?

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Simo Hassi

Yes, that's possible. There should be only 2 cables to extend from the Easy itself, a VE.Direct proprietary one, and a VE.Bus RJ45 (ethernet type) one.

But it's a shame to pull it out of the box and do that. You could just hook to it's ethernet port or add a wifi adaptor to have full parallel access on a tablet or something. Especially if you have a web router at the site and you want access to VRM (who doesn't?). I mean LAN access as well as WAN, even from the other side of the world.

The Touch50 is a specialty item and I think it uses a HDMI link, which only the Cerbo GX can manage.

I've an identical Easy, and use a 17" lappy beside my lounge chair. About 4m away in a direct line, and I rarely go near that big-blue.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Simo Hassi avatar image
Simo Hassi answered ·

Thanks John,

Yes, I will absolutely use also the VRM when I'm not at the site, but I'm an old school guy and rely on wire and buttons when possible :-)

Best
Simo

2 |3000