question

shankar-giri avatar image
shankar-giri asked

Easysolar II - specific scenarios

If someone can clarify if these scenarios are possible, I would be most grateful. All these scenarios are for off-grid use with ac being only used to supplement the solar power and not to feed back to the grid.

When PV is providing power

--------------------------

Use PV+Battery for all loads. If exceeding the load capacity of the inverter/battery, then pull from the ac mains seamlessly. Otherwise ac is not used.

When PV is not providing power (low light/night)

---------------------------------------------

Use battery for all critical loads. If battery depleted switch to ac. Do not charge battery from ac, but charge next day from PV.

Use ac for non-critical loads. If ac power fails, switch to battery for these loads automatically.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ยท
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shankar-giri avatar image
shankar-giri answered ยท

Thanks for that pointer! Really helped me understand ESS. The problem is that being an off-grid system(ac is unreliable) with no feed-in to the ac grid, for ESS I still would need to configure country codes and even anti-islanding externally. If this was not needed and the system would prevent any back flow into the grid, then this solution is ideal.

Here is the quote from the ESS manual.

2.4 Anti-islanding

ESS always requires anti-islanding. This is also true for a No feed-in-system.

For several countries the built-in anti-islanding in our products can be used. For example the MultiGrid in Germany, and the MultiPlus in the United Kingdom. See certificates on our website for details.

In case there is no certified product available for the country of installation, install external anti-islanding.

More details here: VEConfigure: grid codes & loss of mains detection."

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

As long as you have grid connected (even if it is unreliable or not) you don't have a off-grid system, you have a on-grid/backup system.
-> depending of you country you need NS-protection

The MultiPlus-II/EasySolar-II has an internal NS-protection and should be good for most countries(with the correct grid code selected).

https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multiplus-ii#certificates

0 Likes 0 ยท
shankar-giri avatar image shankar-giri Matthias Lange - DE โ™ฆ commented ยท

Thanks! I don't see India in the list, which is where I want to buy and use the unit. Looks like I may have to think of another way to do what I want.

0 Likes 0 ยท