question

dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight asked

Multiplus-II GX Output for controlling AC based PV inverter other than Fornius

Hello Community,

I am wondering about the documentation of the Multiplus-II GX.

There is mentioned: "... 9.5.3 Programmable analog/digital input/output ports. The product is equipped with 2 analog/digital input/output ports. ..." it made for me the impression it means I can use... mentioned in Appendix A - J Terminals

1. 12V 100mA
  2. Programmable contact K1 open collector 70V 100mA
  3. External ground relay +
  4. External ground relay –
  5. Aux input 1 +
  6. Aux input 1 –
  7. Aux input 2 +
  8. Aux input 2 –
  9. Temperature sense +
  10. Temperature sense –
  11. Battery voltage sense +
  12. Battery voltage sense -

5./6. Aux Input 1 and 7./8. Aux Input 2 as input and as well as output? Some how convertible? I think not. Stupid thinking, isn't it.

But I wanted to be sure. Therefor I ask. So does this phrase simply direct to the only two available outputs K1 and relay?

I am somehow confused because in the VE-Config, assistant for relays is mentioned "Solarbox auxilary relay AUX 1,2,3 and I couldn't find some information on "Solarbox".

The reason why I am asking is, because I want to control my grid based AC PV inverters in three steps, when battery SOC goes over certain values,

for example a) above 90% | b) above 95% | c) above 99% SOC

• a) reduction to 60%
  • b) reduction to 30%
  • c) reduction to 0 %

Than it would be suitable to have three outputs. What do you think in general about my idea of controlling a different AC based PV inverter brand than a fronius in this manner ? i think it will work with two steps as well.

Hope for your help, ideas and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

DayAnd Night

Multiplus-II
assis-relay-01.jpg (31.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
innoboreal avatar image
innoboreal answered ·

It is better to do a frequency shift rather than this control. Most inverters can do that today if you are able to control the grid at which they are connected and configure it. You need to put an AC Current Sensor

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martin Měkota avatar image
Martin Měkota answered ·

Hi.

I´m using AC coupled inverter with older Multi I, regulated by frequency. It works, but depends on solar inverter, how does it work. With PV inverter assistant it may cause owerflows to grid if PV inverter gives more, than allowed charge current. I did not tested that with ESS.

I also tried to use AUX as a relay with assistant. Nothing happened. I also tried to use AUX similar way as a general flag - drive AUX by command from "programable relay" assistant. Also doesn´t work.

So i wander, what mean "Solarbox auxilary relay AUX". It would be helpful to have a choice how to use AUX...

2 comments
2 |3000

mbr89 avatar image mbr89 commented ·

I would also like to know what "Solarbox auxiliary relay AUX" means!

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ mbr89 commented ·

The "solarbox" is a very old accessories that isn't available anymore, it's EOL for many years.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic