question

kettil avatar image
kettil asked

Multiplus 1200 stopping when connected to Cerbo GX

I am trying to connect a Multiplus 1200 to a Cerbo GX

When i connect the Ve.bus to the Cerbo the Multiplus stoppes working. It immidiately goes up again when the cable is taken out of the Cerbo. What am I doing wrong ?

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniel Santana avatar image Daniel Santana commented ·

Same happened to me.bad Ethernet cable on my end. But the inverter lights started blinking on my case.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Kettil

can't you turn it on from the Cerbo menu?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kettil avatar image kettil commented ·

Actually I have to check that. I did not see if the Multiplus ever showed up in the Cerbo Menu

0 Likes 0 ·
kettil avatar image kettil commented ·

Hi, I have now tested it again. When the mMultiplus is connected to the Cerbo it just dies. No way to get any connection to it

0 Likes 0 ·
pim avatar image pim kettil commented ·

did you find a solution? I have exact the same problem over here

0 Likes 0 ·
stuttieboy avatar image stuttieboy kettil commented ·
That what mine is now doing, it was fine initially ? no idea what's going on.Did you find a solution ?
0 Likes 0 ·
roger-gregory-allen avatar image
roger-gregory-allen answered ·

@Kettil and others,

This is an old question, but in case someone searches for this...

I had exactly the same issue. It turned out that I was plugging the RJ45 cable from the Multiplus (which is VE.Bus; NOT Ethernet), into the Ethernet port of the Cerbo. Plugging in to one of the Cerbo's VE.Bus connections (below the Ethernet port) eliminated the problem.

Presumably there is something in the difference between VE.Bus and Ethernet signaling that causes the Multiplus to go into a failure mode (which did not match any of the documented LED flashing signals). The odd part is that I was pretty certain that it *had* worked for a short while when plugged into the Ethernet port earlier. Either I was just mistaken or it took some time for the issue to manifest the first time.

In any event, I went from "Multi always fails when Cerbo plugged in" to "Everything works as expected" by moving the cable from the Ethernet port to the VE.Bus port.

I hope this helps someone.
--Roger

2 comments
2 |3000

olduck avatar image olduck commented ·

Thank you for your suggestion, an old question but very relevant to newbies like myself which had the same issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
drlbradley avatar image drlbradley commented ·

I just made this same mistake when plugging the multi back into the Cerbo , and this comment saved my sanity, so thanks for updating the thread with your solution @Roger Gregory-Allen

0 Likes 0 ·