question

johnnyh avatar image
johnnyh asked

Cerbo GX output use - Crash Pump

Hello - I would like to use a relay output from the Cerbo GX to operate a crash pump, using a "digital" input tied to the high water alarm of my boat. The relay output would operate a relay that supplies voltage to the pump (actually a pair of pumps). It would also trigger an alert to me.

Can the GX be configured to take the input from a digital input to trigger a relay output? I assume it can, but before I purchase I wanted to verify. Also want to know if it would trigger an alert to my Victron app on my phone.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Johnnyh

There is no standard way to do that yet.

What I would do is to have the crash pump be switched directly by a float switch, and use another float switch connected to the Cerbo (or Venus) GX to send an alarm to you, this way you have a double system with less chance of things failing (like when the Cerbo looses power).

You can program the inputs for things like 'bilge pump' or 'bilge alarm'

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnnyh avatar image johnnyh commented ·

Thank you for your reply. I had already designed a relay circuit to connect the high water alarm to the crash pumps via relay. I'll stick with that and use, as you suggested, the Cerbo (once I get it!) as the alerter.

0 Likes 0 ·