question

miroslav-katrencik avatar image
miroslav-katrencik asked

MBV 700 relay on/off/on

I installed BMW 700 customers and set it to signal me 95% charge and 95% battery discharge. Everything is set up correctly according to the operating instructions. It just doesn't work. , I set up my BMW via Victron dontge. Interestingly, according to the voltage on the battery works well according to SOC 95% does not work.
my requirements
When the battery is over 95% charged, it turns on the internal relay. If it drops below 95%, the relay switches off. this doesn't work for me on the bmv 700. please help

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The way I understand it, you have parameter 16 set at 95% and parameter 17 also set at 95%. This won't work, there is no hyteresis. The unit can't decide if it supposed to be on or off at 95% becuase it is being told to do both things.

If you study the rules for parameter 17 in the manual, it states that the value for parameter 17 needs to be higher than the previous value (parameter 16).

So, you need to either set parameter 17 to 96% or set parameter 16 to 94%.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.