question

Chris Dobson avatar image
Chris Dobson asked

Tank Senders on Cerbo

Our test boat is slowly coming to life, and today the NMEA2000 system was connected to the Victron Cerbo via VE CAN (using the Victron cable.) The boat has three tanks, Fuel, Black Water & Fresh Water. The fresh water and black water are displayed, but the fuel will not show. The senders for the Black Water & Fresh Water are Maretron and the fuel Oceanic Systems. All the data is showing on the Actisense NMEA reader. The NMEA2000 system also has GPS data which again doesnt show on the Victron. Some of the Victron data is also available on the NMEA2000 network, but I havn't had time to go into detail yet.

The Cerbo is an excellent piece of equipment as is the whole GX system. It just seems that a few tweaks to get it to work better with the NMEA2000 system would make a fantastic system, absolutely brilliant.

Are there any plans to improve the NMEA2000 connectivity?

cerbo gx
img-0742.jpg (276.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ยท

Hi @Chris Dobson, our documentation on supported NMEA2000 tank senders is here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#connecting_nmea-2000_tank_senders

What Maretron senders are you using, and what specific Oceanic sender are you using?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Chris Dobson avatar image Chris Dobson commented ยท

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy)The black water and fresh water are Maretron TLM 100 and the Oceanic Systems is the 3271 volumetric sender. Whilst all this is not critical it would be great to demsonstate to our customers just how good all this is. Basically the boat is a floating Victron Showroom.

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ Chris Dobson commented ยท

Hi Chris, thank you for the quick reply. I added the TLM100 to the list of confirmed working tank senders.

For the Oceanic, I'll send an email to osukl asking what could be the issue. They are usually quite responsive.

I'll keep you posted.

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

Hi Chris, we'd like to login to the system to see what the issue is. Is it on VRM? Whats the name of the system?

(and please enable Settings -> General -> Remote Support).

We'll make a canbus dump and see whats going wrong.

thanks, Matthijs

0 Likes 0 ยท
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ mvader (Victron Energy) โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

@Chris Dobson, hi Chris, short reminder about above?

0 Likes 0 ยท