question

ian-george avatar image
ian-george asked

Help understanding if my off-grid setup is correctly configured, and which component is currently controlling the battery charging.,

Hi

I have a off-grid setup, using a Mutiplus 48/3000, Bluesolar Mppt 150/70, BMV 602S, and CCGX. Batteries are 8*200ah gel, and I have 4kW of panels.

I'm a bit unsure how to confirm whether the multiplus or the Mppt are controlling the battery charging. The System name on the CCGX is ESS, and the multiplus is selected as the battery monitor.

My concern is that I'm changing over to a DIY Lifepo4 battery soon, and I'm not sure whether the mppt will also need to have it's charging algorithm changed for instance. Or will just the Multiplus need to be updated?

The BMV will obviously also have to be edited as it's offline.

Any advise appreciated:)

Ian

offgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ยท

@Ian George Can you just confirm you are NOT running ESS? ESS is not suited to off-grid installations.. Under normal circumstances in off-grid the MPPT controls the charging. It's first priority is always loads, then battery. The inverter's charger won't do any charging without the grid or generator and all is done by the MPPT, which is connected directly (or via a busbar) to your batteries. All devices has to be configured with the correct parameters especially the MPPT.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ian-george avatar image
ian-george answered ยท

Hi EJ

How would I confirm this?

Cheers

Ian

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ยท

Hi Ian

On the CGX there is an ESS section under settings. If you open it, it will show you when no agent is loaded.

Etienne

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources