question

mike-deau avatar image
mike-deau asked

Communication to Cerbo GX

Hello All,

I am currently planning a van build out with, if I can do it, the most advanced electrical system I can build. In this post, I have a couple of questions that I would like some help answering regarding communication and programming.

The system is planned with:

Cerbo GX. Touch 50.

4X Tesla 6.3kwh modules on simpbms, 24v. Communication (to Cerbo GX)= V.E. Can

Multiplus 2, 24v. Communication (to Cerbo GX)= V.E. Direct

Solar (4x 315w panels 2x2), SmartSolar 150/35 (PN:SCC115035210). Communication = Bluetooth?, V.E. Direct?

DC-DC (Alternator) - 2x Orion 12-24-15. (ORI22436120). Communication = Bluetooth?, V.E. Direct?

1) Any thoughts on the about system?

2) If I wanted to add an always on internet connection to the Cerbo (perferably google fi sim), is that easy?

3) What do you guys use the digital in ports on the Cerbo for?

4) Any thoughts on integration with an HVAC system all on one screen? Maybe over V.E Can? Wifi accessible (think nest). You might be out on a hike and want a cold van when you get back...

I know that is a ton. Thanks for the help!

Mike

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ยท

Multiplus 2, 24v. Communication (to Cerbo GX)= V.E. Direct
-> VE.bus

Solar (4x 315w panels 2x2), SmartSolar 150/35 (PN:SCC115035210). Communication = Bluetooth?, V.E. Direct?
-> V.E. Direct

DC-DC (Alternator) - 2x Orion 12-24-15. (ORI22436120). Communication = Bluetooth?, V.E. Direct?
-> none, they don't have VE.direct and communication via Bluetooth with the Cerbo is not possible ATM

The Cerbo's Bluetooth is only for setting up WiFi/LAN.

2. If you have a Google Fi compatible device that can create a WiFi hotspot or share it's internet via USB or Ethernet, it should be simple.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mike-deau avatar image mike-deau commented ยท

Thanks for the Answer! Do you know how it might be possible to monitor the current from the alternator on the GX screen? Can I use a can bus CT and then add that as a field?

Tough question, but is Bluetooth to the Cerbo on the roadmap as an expected feature? As in, I can plan on this route vs implementing something else?

Sounds like a plan on everything else. Thanks again!

Mike

0 Likes 0 ยท