question

chinaka avatar image
chinaka asked

How do I use battery protect to make my 24v system work??

Hello I have a Tesla battery and have 2 battery system. I would like to be able to charge the battery and discharge it safely.

Here is my system layout I plan on building, how do I make it safe??

Multiplus-IIBattery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Don't connect the MultiPlus to the BP! This can cause damaging to the BP!
It also would be possible for the Multi to charge the battery trough the BP in reverse direction - what also is forbidden!

bp-inverter.png (51.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mike-deau avatar image
mike-deau answered ·

Hey,

In order to make everything safe, you should get a true BMS for your tesla system. SIMPbms is what I have found to be the best. They have good documentation and you can connect as many tesla modules as you like.

https://www.secondlife-evbatteries.com/bms.html

Read the manual on that page for detailed instructions for where to put contactors and other safe guards.

I am not sure of another way to do it and feel safe. I know the extra $500 is a alot, but it still makes the tesla cells the lowest $/kwh on the market.

Mike

2 |3000