question

akbound avatar image
akbound asked

SOC skips forward to 100% charged at beginning of aborption and 'erases' amps consumed

My system is BMV 712 & Mppt 100/50 with 400 watts solar and 470 watts lead acid Crown battery bank for an RV. The BMV712 was installed about a month ago.

The RV is parked not in use, so has an hourly draw on the battery bank of .8Ah(refer,sleep mode dvd, etc). For sake of example I have been leaving LED lights on to actually consume some battery bank

Typically in the morning there is a HISTORY 20amp Last discharge & Consumed Ah of 20Ah and bulk mode begins. Initial SOC is about 97% which is about correct. The bulk process continues with best constant charge and the Consumed Ah start to tick off 19,18, 17 until Absorption voltage is reached. At this point no matter how many Consumed Ah there are(8 today), the SOC reaches 100% and HISTORY shows Last Discharge of 0%.

In the space of maybe 15 minutes 8Ah were 'all of a sudden' charged into the bank? What factors would contribute to the SOC?

On one hand my concern is that the batteries are being fully charged. I am using Fixed Absorption which the MPPT is in charge of so a finished battery should be the result. But the abrupt SOC fluctuation concerns me.

All my setting are consistent with lead acid batteries and what Crown recommends. I have changed the Charged Voltage to 14.1 which is consistent on systems with solar charging, but the SOC issue was not affected by that change.

Any suggestions?

SOC
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ยท

Did you check the settings at the BMV, charged V and tail current?

0 Likes 0 ยท
akbound avatar image akbound harold commented ยท

@mvader (Victron Energy)

Yes, as stated the Charged voltage is set at 14.1, the tail current at 2%.

0 Likes 0 ยท
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic