question

tomhalfmoon avatar image
tomhalfmoon asked

CCGX requiring reset to allow control of MultiPlus

Greetings

I have a marine installation, MultiPlus 12/3000, CCGX, BMV702. On a resent cruise we were at times on shore power, generator and inverter.

I am having to reset the CCGX in order to control the Multi. With the Multi master switch ON, I control the Multi with the CCGX. It seems that when I switch between the various power input options I have to reset the CCGX. Example: When last used the connection was to ShorePower and then we leave the dock and later switch ON inverter mode I have to reset the CCGX in order to get the Multi / inverter to switch ON.

The problem seems somewhat intermittent, sometimes all works OK and sometimes not. I have no alarms.

Thanks for any suggestions, Tom

M/V HALFMOON

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @TomHalfmoon

What firmware is your inverter and CCGX on?

The first thing to check would be to make sure they are both on the most current version.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tomhalfmoon avatar image
tomhalfmoon answered ·

OK I was able to update the Multi to the latest firmware "474".

After the update I was unable to reload the saved Multi settings via VE config.

Also there was no GRID setting choice for USA?

Thanks

Tom

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @TomHalfmoon,

Did the firmware update fix the original issue you were having?

Hopefully it did.

As this question is now marked as answered, it would be better to ask those other questions in a new post.

0 Likes 0 ·