question

msmolow avatar image
msmolow asked

Battery Temperature sensor(s) with Cerbo GX

I currently have a:

1. Smart Solar MPPT 100/50 using a smart battery sense via blue tooth.

2. Multiplus 12/3000/120 hard wired to its battery temperature sensor on the negative battery post.

3. Orion Tr Smart 12/12-30 dc/dc charger with no temperature sensor.

4. SmartShunt with no temperature sensor.

I am on back order for the Cerbo GX. Once the Cerbo is installed with the MPPT and SmartShunt VE Direct connected, and the Multiplus VE Bus connected do I need both existing temperature sensors? Do I need a third directly connected to the Cerbo?

Thanks

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @msmolow

In the Cerbo, with DVCC's 'STS' enabled, you should be able to use just the Multi's temp sensor for both the Multi and the mppt.

The Orion can't use it anyway.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zameer-andani avatar image zameer-andani commented ·
@JohnC is STS the preferred way, or would it be better to relocate the temperature sensor from the Multiplus to the Cerbo-GX?
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ zameer-andani commented ·
Hi @Zameer Andani

It's the same sensor, so that isn't an issue. I'm not sure if you'd still need STS to pass the Cerbo Temp to other kit, but I'd expect so.

I've never heard preferences expressed. Should work fine either way.

0 Likes 0 ·
msmolow avatar image
msmolow answered ·

Thank you.

2 |3000