question

juan3211 avatar image
juan3211 asked

[VE.DIRECT] About RX and TX pin functions in MPPT 75/15

Hi, I have read this page: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:mppt-solarchargers#load_output, chapters 4.2 and 4.5 but I am not sure about this question.

I want to use an arduino/esp8266/... to log data from my MPPT 75/15 solar charger controller.

So I need to connect TX and GND pins to my arduino.

I want also use the RX pin of the MPPT to control load output state from my Arduino.

Is it possible? What will be the correct settings in the MPPT?

And for Arduino, I have to output down RX to 0V == switch load output off, and to output up to +5V == switch loadout on .

But what about this sentence: "(or a signal sent via VE.Direct communication)". does it mean that I could write and HEX command to RX to switch on or off my MPPT load output?

If RX could recieve signals, I understantd the MPPT have to "wait" time to confirm the pull down or up of RX that I have said in previous paragraph?

Please, could any of Victron's employee explain us step by step?

Option 1: use with 0 or 5V, (if I use a 3.3V signal, could RX pin of MPPT detect 3.3V as HIGH ?

Option 2: use by sending commands from arduino to MPTT.

Option 1 is simplest for me, that I must ensure that I am understading it well.

Thanks a lot.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @juan3211

I've moved your question to the 'modifications' space, where these kind of questions have more success.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

juan3211 avatar image juan3211 commented ·

Hi, thanks a lot, I have just changed becuase (for me) it is not a modification, and since 10 days I haven't answers- I think it is really an doubt of the manual. But anyway, could you contact to support team to get an answer?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
juan3211 avatar image juan3211 juan3211 commented ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) have you contacted with an Victron support expert? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
juan3211 avatar image juan3211 juan3211 commented ·

Hi, could you contact with support to explain my MPPT settings? Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @juan3211,

you won't get official Victron support for this kind of application. Simply because it doesn't fall into a normal use case. That's why you didn't receive any answers. Please be aware that any modification will void warranty.

But there is tons of info. Google is a good source. Another good start is: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/open_source:start

and then section 4.2.

Hope that helps.

3 comments
2 |3000

Thanks a lot @Stefanie

It is not a modification it is an aclaration of the manual.

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) please, change this question to antoher forum. As you can see, pleople thinks that it is a modification, I am asking for an aclaration of the manual.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ juan3211 commented ·

While you still may think this is not a "aclaration", you could use the provided link, which most possibly will guide you into the right direction. Good luck.

0 Likes 0 ·
juan3211 avatar image juan3211 Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I have read it before posting here, sory, but for me it is not clear

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @juan3211

As Stefanie explained already this is not 'normal use' so it's at its place in this section of the forums.

1 comment
2 |3000

ok, thanks, i hope any one from victron support explain my the settings, thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
juan3211 avatar image
juan3211 answered ·

Hi, does anybody in Victron support's Team explain me this, please?

2 |3000