question

bruce32466 avatar image
bruce32466 asked

AC Out 2 form Mains for either of 2 conditions (Not getting it!)

I have a Multiplus 24/5000/120 that is setup with a 300 AH LiFePO4 and a BMS with separate contacts for high and low battery. works good. Then I have AC Out 2 relay on when mains is connected. Works good. Then I have ignore AC In when Aux2 is open. works good. Last is to run on mains when load is over 4000 watts. does not work=(. It switches to over to mains for about 1 to 2 seconds and then back to inverter and over loads, shuts down power, over loads, shut down power and just keeps cycling. Been trying to get this going for about a month now. What am I missing here?

As I under stand, If I enter both conditions in the same assistant, it's treated as an AND statement where both conditions mut be true before the command is carried out. If I separate the 2 conditions in 2 separate assistants, it treated as an OR. Is this correct? Regardless, I tried both ways with no success.

What I'm trying to do is set it up as solar priority first until the battery runs almost out. Then connect to the grid when the BMV700 closes the relay and starts the charging up to about 20% SOC and switches back to inverter for power. When I get home from work, I would like to be able to plug in car charger on AC Out 2 and have the inverter switch over to mains when the watts drawn from AC Out 2 are at 4000 or more.

Thanks.

Assistants
1588021041806.png (25.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bruce32466 avatar image
bruce32466 answered ·

Nobody... After a week? Sure is hard to get answers, let alone complete answers around here.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @bruce32466

It would help if you draw a simple diagram of how you've connected the relais and inputs together, because from your text I cannot find this...

0 Likes 0 ·
bruce32466 avatar image bruce32466 Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Please let me know if there's anything else you need

0 Likes 0 ·
1588794476117.png (335.1 KiB)
bruce32466 avatar image
bruce32466 answered ·

Please let me know if there's anything else you need. I tried to be as thorough as possible.

1588712721661.png (338.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Ok, let's try to break it up in sections.

Then I have AC Out 2 relay on when mains is connected. Works good.

that's strange, as you only have one assistant for AC Out2, and you should need anoter one to turn it off again.

Then I have ignore AC In when Aux2 is open. works good. Last is to run on mains when load is over 4000 watts. does not work=(. It switches to over to mains for about 1 to 2 seconds and then back to inverter and over loads, shuts down power, over loads, shut down power and just keeps cycling. Been trying to get this going for about a month now. What am I missing here?

you have multiple assistants switching the same relay off / on, you cannot do 'and', you'll need some relay-magic (use the relays in the unit for this) for 'and' magic.

What I'm trying to do is set it up as solar priority first until the battery runs almost out. Then connect to the grid when the BMV700 closes the relay and starts the charging up to about 20% SOC and switches back to inverter for power. When I get home from work, I would like to be able to plug in car charger on AC Out 2 and have the inverter switch over to mains when the watts drawn from AC Out 2 are at 4000 or more.

You don't need the BMV70x to switch on DC voltage, you can use an assistant for that. and I'd advice to use the 'generator start / stop' assistant for this as you can easily use different conditions here.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:ignore_ac_input_using_the_generator_assistant

Also: you cannot say '4000W or more' from AC-Out2, its always the total output from out1 and out2

As for all the logic your using: do you have a GX device installed? all this is much easier if you just use ESS...

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual

https://www.victronenergy.com/markets/self-consumption-and-home-energy-storage

2 |3000

Related Resources