question

bishop8 avatar image
bishop8 asked

AC Coupling - is Quattro 15k compatible with 72x M215 Enphase Micro-inverters?

Hello, I'm interested in AC coupling our grid tied solar system with a Victron Quattro 48/15000/200-100/100

System specs:

Solar array is 72 panels with 72 enphase M215 microinverters all in parallel

Each microinverter produces 240V @ .9amp each at 60Hz

Peak kW is usually 15kWp, occasionally 16kWp

Can the quattro handle all of that PV? Thanks for your time and help.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerAC PV Coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Bishop8,

That should be fine. Though I can't say with absolute certainty because there are other elements of the system that would also influence the stability of the system such as battery size, battery type, and nature of the load.

Please read this document for some more detail on those limitations;

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:start

There is also the Online Training course in Victron Professional that should be completed before undertaking something like this:

http://professional.victronenergy.com

Note as well that Enphase is not listed as a tested configuration by Victron. I have heard of success stories, and also people getting a customised configuration (grid profile) from Enphase to help with compatibility and stability from their system with the frequency shifting, so that it does what is expected.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bishop8 avatar image bishop8 commented ·

Hello @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager),

Thanks so much for the response. We plan on having a 48V LiFePo4 battery with 30kwh. Nature of the load would be powering our house that uses approx 40kwh daily. I'll definitely take the online training course - thanks for the heads up.

0 Likes 0 ·
bishop8 avatar image
bishop8 answered ·

Update: It works for me. The M215 Enphase microinverters pick up the 60Hz the Quattro signals. Currently testing frequency shifting.

1 comment
2 |3000

Rob Fijn avatar image Rob Fijn commented ·
Hi @Bishop8 , can you let us know if the frequency shift with the M215 is working as expected ?

thanks, Rob

0 Likes 0 ·