question

mike-rack avatar image
mike-rack asked

Color control gx auto start on an generator and wire diagram

I have a 4000 watt oman generator can this color control gx auto start my generator and is there a wire diagram and Video show how to make it works

thanks

rusty

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You have to check if your generator have the option to be started remotely with a simple switch.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

duffer41 avatar image duffer41 commented ·

I am interested in this as well. I have ordered a 2021 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 26T and it comes with the Onan QG 4000. It does have a remote switch in the coach to turn on the generator.

I would like to know the wiring diagram to both the CCGX and to the new Cerbo GX. I am looking at the Cerbo/ Touch GX combination as an alternative to the CCGX. Ultimately I will go the direction of which one serves my purposes better and works easier with the Onan Auto Gen Start.

Please advise on the wiring diagram for both and what is parts are necessary to make this work. I will be running a lithium battery bank in my RV and I want to have the generator start and stop based on the state of charge parameters I set.

0 Likes 0 ·
duffer41 avatar image duffer41 duffer41 commented ·

I will start a new thread on this topic

0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

Hello all,

This is a simple Auto Genstart possibility for a Cummins/ Onan MDKBJ genset often found on boats. It requires a contact closure for start and a contact closure for stop. Both are supplied by two "one-shot" relays. The relays are triggered by the NO or NC relay put on this case from a CerboGX device programmed as a generator start relay. It can include many options like quiet time (when generator must not start) and the parameters for the starting and the stopping including a minimum run time.

Included in this design is a simple generator autostart enable switch to disable the auto start feature in hardware if required.

I hope you can see the file as I haven't tried this before.

Regards,

Trevor

Onan MDKBJ Generator Auto Start.pdf

2 |3000

johngg1969 avatar image
johngg1969 answered ·

Hi @trevor-bird,

I'm looking at using a Hyundai HY3200SEi petrol generator to back up my solar array and top up my batteries up for the next 2 or 3 months. Its looking as though I may be able to connect to the mains after this date so I don't want to spend too much on a generator.

I have a CCGX and plan to use this to autostart the generator when my batteries are low. Could you tell me whether the details in your pdf would work with the Hyundai HY3200SE1? this is the link to the manual. The circuit diagram is on page 29.

https://hyundaipowerequipment.co.uk/fileuploader/download/download/?d=0&file=custom%2Fupload%2FFile-1464021272.pdf

Thanks in advance.

John

2 |3000

drew-watkins avatar image
drew-watkins answered ·
2 |3000