question

cooky17 avatar image
cooky17 asked

Battery SOC

I’ve just installed my bmv-712 and set up via the AMsolar website (setup suitable for AGM batteries)

I currently have a 55ah AGM that I believe is just about had it, the voltage never goes below 12.4v but the SOC drains dramatically! Going from 100% to 1% in around an hour, and that’s only with the fridge drawing .4amps, And my time remaining only ever says 45mins - 6 hours (I’m planning on changing to 200ah if this battery is had it)

I also have a redarc 25a dcdc charger with 110w of solar, which is charging but doesn’t help the SOC

Just wondering if from this anyone knows if I’ve set the monitor up wrong, if the battery is buggered or if I’ve missed something?

Cheers guys!

SOCbatteryvoltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ceriw avatar image
ceriw answered ·

hi, welcome to the community.

There could be a few things to check.

Is the shunt the only thing connected to the -ve pole of the battery? (ie all other connections including chargers are on the output side of the shunt)

Using the victron connect App, have you set up the correct battery type, capacity, absorption voltage etc?

Has the system charged up to the absorption voltage so it can calibrate the 100% point?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic