question

drsnap avatar image
drsnap asked

Isolated DC-DC in series and Buck-Boost Settings

Hello,

After reading all the documentation and contacting various distributors I have conflicting data regarding two Victron products.

Question 1 regarding the Buck-Boost DC-DC Converter 25A / 50A / 100A:

Can you change the output voltage (via USB) while the converter is delivering power or will the output shortly disconnect to apply the settings?

Use case: I need to change the voltage +/- 2/3v while the connected equipment is running.

Got different answers - if maybe someone has it on the table a quick test would provide the definitive answer. The output should be under load.

Question 2 regarding the Orion-Tr DC-DC Converters Isolated:

Some of the equipment is running on 36v. Because there is no step up converter with an output between 30 and 40v one option is to use three isolated DC-DC converters IN SERIES to provide the needed 36. In theory, being isolated, it should work.

Has anyone used a similar setup or has more information if it's the right thing to do?

There is no other option (from what I have found) to have a 36v output.

Appreciate the time, willing to help research anything if it solves the problems.

Adrian

dc systemdesign
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Vance Mitchell avatar image
Vance Mitchell answered ·

Has anyone got a definitive answer on this?

From reading other similar questions it seems unsure as some people are reporting isolation on 48/12 units and others are saying they have no isolation in 12/12 units. (units mentioned were reported to be isolated units ORI481210110 and ORI121210110).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic