question

wheelhouse-marine avatar image
wheelhouse-marine asked

CCGX does not power up my startech long wifi module

The wifi module is new and CCGX is latest software. when I plug the wifi module into the CCGX, the wifi module does not power up.

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Wheelhouse Marine Does it work if you plug it into a laptop port?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wheelhouse-marine avatar image
wheelhouse-marine answered ·

Yes it does work when plugged into laptop. I have since got this going however the range is very limited. When plugged into the CCGX the led Light on the wifi module is not lit, however it is when plugged into the laptop. I'm guessing the CCGX does not have enough power to run the wifi module, however this is the module suited for the CCGX.

Regards

Wayne

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

Is it the only usb connected device connected to the GX usb port. If so, maybe the total power draw is too much. Is it connected directly or via an extension cable? Again if yes that could be a problem cable. If you can test it on another GX that would be ideal.

0 Likes 0 ·
jond avatar image
jond answered ·

I have same problem.

Light works when plug into laptop, but not in color control. But the color control picks up the wifi module, signal seems to more stable and connection issues solved which is weird?

It is just the light that is off

2 |3000