question

batteryb avatar image
batteryb asked

Cerbo GX - MK3-USB still required for programming the MultiPlus (C/II)?

Hello.

I am planning my system, and am going to set/programm parameters in the MultiPlus myself.

As far as I know, this requires the MK3-USB.

Will I still require the MK3-USB, if I have a Cerbo GX? Most likely I can connect to the Cerbo and trough it program attached units (like a MultiPlus)...?

Side note: For the initial programming, I would prefer a Laptop computer, rather than an app, or a web based solution. For monitoring later on, I will most likely use an app and Bluetooth.

Thank you for reading.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ยท

With the Cerbo GX you can use Remote VEConfigure so make the setup:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

But for updating the firmware of the MultiPlus you still need a MK3.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anthem avatar image
anthem answered ยท

VE remote configure is kind of painful. I would get the USB mk3 as itโ€™s quick and painless.

2 |3000

batteryb avatar image
batteryb answered ยท

Thank you guys.

Would the Ve.Direct->USB Interface serve the same purpose? I have a hard time figuring out the differences. Wonder, which product is making more sense/more versatile/more likely useful in my application.

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ยท

They are two very different products, MK3 being a Ve.Bus protocol device to USB to connect to inverters whereas the Ve.Direct to USB connects e.g. a mppt to a cgx or laptop. Hope this helps.

0 Likes 0 ยท