question

umpa avatar image
umpa asked

Victron Battery Protect for over discharge protection

Hello, because of the lockdown I find more time to mess about it the solar shed. I have a Victron Battery Protect in between my bank of lead acid's and my inverter. I programmed the Victron to programme 4A which if I understand the instructions, means it will switch off power to the inverter if the voltage falls bellow 11.5v for 90 seconds on a 12v system. Can someone confirm that is correct ?

Am I correct in thinking that if my (old) batteries cannot sustain 11.5v for 90 seconds and it drops to 10.5v, then the Victron will not activate, at which point the inverter BP will kick in, sound an alarm and cut the power ?

Thanks

Ump..

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What BP and what inverter do you use?

Connecting a inverter directly to the PB is not recommended an can cause a false short circuit detection or damage the BP.

But except that you are right if the voltage drops even more during the 90sec delay at some point the under voltage protection of the inverter should kick in.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

umpa avatar image
umpa answered ·

Thanks for the info.

2 |3000