question

assimo avatar image
assimo asked

Help!!! Battery alarm.

Installed solar panel Saturday. With mppt 100/50 and bmv712 plus 1200w inverter. Everything was working fine yesterday. Now I can’t connect to controller Bluetooth, and the battery alarm has gone off saying charge?? There is nothing turned on ??? I’m worried I will damage something please help!

battery chargingbattery system voltage
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Assimo You don't mention your battery type. If it is lithium it is possible the internal BMS has switched off the battery. Disconnect the panel then disconnect the battery from the system and follow the reset procedure in your user manual for the battery.

The smart controller will reset (if there is no damage). You will need to check your settings and make sure it is charging as per manufacture recommendations.

0 Likes 0 ·
assimo avatar image assimo Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hey Alexandra. Thanks. I have to AGM 95Ah. I’ve disconnected everything. Gonna connect a up tomorrow after checking the batteries and see what is going on!!?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Connect to the BMV via Bluetooth and the victron connect app and go to settings and adjust the allarm setting to suit your requirements

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic