question

nic-sama avatar image
nic-sama asked

Raspberry pi 3B+ Venus OS configured to read LIN Bus from Batteries?

Hi

Just wondering if its possible to include libraries and modifications in the Raspberry Pi Venus OS to monitor Battery status from Batteries that use LIN Bus protocols.

Venus OSRaspberry Pibattery
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nic-sama avatar image nic-sama commented ·

Also can we modify or add our own widgets or graphics to the Venus OS GUI?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ nic-sama commented ·

Yes search for gui, qml, venus os or a combination of them.

next warning ;o).

these are simple questions to answer for me and I happen to have time - we (victron) don’t offer any q&a support for the quest you’re starting on.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Ps, ofcourse this website is also community driven - with well asked questions and a bit of luck there is help from others when it comes to software development around venus is

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, yes see here:

https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/howto-add-a-driver-to-Venus

but beware, thats usually several weeks of fulltime work and requires lots of self reading and trying.

Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nic-sama avatar image
nic-sama answered ·

Thanks Matthijs. Yes it will probably take me much longer than several weeks as I am a novice when it comes to programming software.

Cheers!

Nic

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Raspberry Pi running Victron’s Venus firmware - Blog Post

Venus OS Large image: Signal K and Node-RED - Install

raspberrypi install venus image