question

rumcity avatar image
rumcity asked

Easysolar 48/5000/70-100

Easysolar 48/5000/70-100 new install. System ran fine for 7hrs but now inverter is turning on/off every few seconds. No faults are shown and battery voltage is 55volts. All loads from inverter have been isolated.

Please

Help

EasySolar All-in-One
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Please supply more information

1, whats connected to the multiplus ie ccgx or gx unit

2. what are all the settings screen shots would help

3. what firmware version is the multiplus on

4. is it connected to a vrm

5. a wring diagram of the setup would also help

0 Likes 0 ·
rumcity avatar image rumcity Paul B commented ·

Hi Paul,

All inverter settings are at default, connected is the colour controller that comes standard with the easy solar inverter.

I am running 48 volt 280ah agm batteries with 3.9kw of solar power.

I have run a firmware update check through the colour controller and it says it has the latest update.

At this stage there is no permanent internet available to connect to VRM.

I have noticed that none of the charge lights, bulk,float ect. Are on unless running off generator. The colour controller shows batteries charging on pv.

0 Likes 0 ·
diamond avatar image diamond rumcity commented ·

Did you also update the firmware on the Multi?

0 Likes 0 ·
rumcity avatar image rumcity diamond commented ·

No I Haven’t. I thought it should a be able to be done through the colour controller not all that familiar with victron products.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Rumcity

This sounds suspiciously like 'AES/Search Mode' has been enabled. That wouldn't normally be the case by default, but who knows?

I don't think the GX can tell you this, nor dipswitches on that model. You'd need VEConfigure via VRM, or locally with a MK3 adaptor with preloaded lappy.

If that were the case, the inverter should fire up with a load on anyway, but mightn't suit tiny loads. It's described briefly in the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-MultiPlus-5k-100A-230V-(firmware-xxxx4xx)-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE.pdf

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rumcity avatar image rumcity commented ·

Thank you for your reply. Inverter seems to turn on/off whether I have load or not. If I turn all power off to easy solar for a period of time. It works for a period of time 1hr-2 hrs but then randomly starts turning inverter on/off float light flicks on for a split second then off. I have tried this with only batteries on, pv off and both on same result.

0 Likes 0 ·