question

tommas avatar image
tommas asked

MPPT in ESS not ‘bms controlled’

I’m running a ESS system with new Multiplus 2 48/3000 And a MPPT 150/35 with VEdirect. It has 2-wire bms on it which all works fine. But when the multi is switched off or disconnected by loose cable or something the MPPT goes from network controlled to standalone and won’t stop charging. before I had an multigrid2 and everything was running well, when multi disconnected the MPPT stops and I get a warning ‘no bms’. Already updated everything, but how do I get the MPPT back to ‘bms controlled’?

MPPT ControllersESSBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Tommas, Yes, this will happen with the ESS assistant is off. You need to build in an other protection to stop the MPPT charging. In this case I use a Battery Protect, with the IN connected to the MPPT and remotely controlled by the BMS.

Regards, Rob

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tommas avatar image tommas commented ·

Well, I get you’re idea but for a few weeks ago it’s didn’t work this way. than when the multi goes down the system said no bms and the mppt stops.

0 Likes 0 ·

Manually enabling DVCC might help?

I presume the ESS assistant was reloaded onto the new inverter?

0 Likes 0 ·
tommas avatar image tommas Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

I have DVCC manually enabled, can try to disable it. All settings in the multiplus2 are just the same as in the multigrid2, to be shure I made the complete settings again in VEconfigure and send it again to the multiplus2. Also the ESS is back in the multi and just today the ESS assistant had an update so also updated that assistant.

0 Likes 0 ·
tommas avatar image
tommas answered ·

I still don’t have a solution for this.. is there no one that knows what happend with the Venus updates why this became a problem?
with a multigrid 2 all was fine, but that one was broken and replaced for a multiplus 2 and since than this no longer works...

@Rob Fijn

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

2 |3000