question

ndavies avatar image
ndavies asked

Can anyone explain synchronized charging?

Hi

I have just installed two 315w panels each with its own MPPT 100/30 charge controller and a battery temperature sensor. I have pretty good sunlight and the batteries are fully charged. Using Victron Connect, I see that one panel is putting out about 120W, and the other is zero. The panel with zero output shows voltage, but no current. If i put a load on the batteries, both units kick in. My guess is that synchronized charging may shut down one controller if there is excess current? Is this correct? I cannot find an explanation in the user manual.....but mayme i am looking in the wrong place. Tomorrow, I will sail the boat and see what happens when the batteries are put under load and discharged some.

MPPT Controllersbattery charging
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ndavies avatar image ndavies commented ยท

As a follow up to the above post, I may have a network communication issue. on the VE Networking, one charger says "This product is configured for VE Smart networking and is receiving Battery Voltage and Battery Temp......Synchronized charging is active and charge data is shared between the same type of chargers on the network".......but my other charrge controller says..."This product is configured for VE Smart networking and is waiting for data"

It sounds to me like the second unit is not getting data.....is there a way to reset it? i have tried going back to factory defaults, diconnecting from network and rejoining, and depowering the unit. But i get the same message. any ideas?

0 Likes 0 ยท
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual