question

samsonodunola avatar image
samsonodunola asked

Incorrect SOC

Hi

have installed Quattro 8kva with 8kW Fronius AC coupled with a CCGX 800Ah of batteries. It is an off grid installation with PV inverter assistant on.

The problem is my battery is completely discharged, but the SOC still reads 82%. My SOC when bulk charge is complete is 85%. I also noticed that when charging, once the SOC rises to 85% the quattro light switches to Absorption. it takes less than an hour for it to reach 85%.

It wasnt like this originally, the SOC used to go as low as 60% but never below, this started after i added more panels to my setup. i have tried all the charger settings and nothing changes. Also i feel because of this, my battery bank is never fully charged. After spending 30mins in the bulk stage, it stays in the absorption stage for more than 8 hours , and after this the SOC is still just 90%.

I have no other battery monitor connected and no other load is connected to the batteries aside th Quattro.

SOC
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra โ™ฆ commented ยท

@samsonodunola

Hello.

What Type of batteries do you have? Sometimes the voltages are not programmed correctly. Or check that the battery monitor is enabled and set correctly in ve config on the General tab.

0 Likes 0 ยท
samsonodunola avatar image samsonodunola Alexandra โ™ฆ commented ยท

I have 4 200ah/48v flooded lead batteries. The absorption voltage is set at 57v, the float voltage is 55.2v and the charge curve is set to adaptive+battery safe. Battery monitor is also enabled

0 Likes 0 ยท
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic