question

edgargw22 avatar image
edgargw22 asked

Is my BMV-712 working? Can't get signals from NO, COM & NC ports...

Is my BMV-712 working? The display and settings seem to be ok, but my NO, COM & NC ports in back never seem to turn on (energize w/12v signal). Are these ports affected by "11. Relay mode"? Batteries don't charge if COM port isn't "ON" with 12v signal (COM port is connected to VE.Bus BMV Charge Disconnect port). Are there any recommendations for settings 16-31?

fyi, all other components are from Victron. TIA...

BMV Battery MonitorVE.Bus
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

edgargw22 avatar image edgargw22 commented ยท

For "11. Relay mode", what relay is this taking about?

0 Likes 0 ยท
1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ยท

@Edgargw22, just to check: you know the COM port doesn't come on, right? That's the input to which you connect your signal supply wire (usually system voltage, so 12v or 24v nominal); then that input signal is passed out the NO or NC port, when your programmed parameters are met, to trigger an external relay or other device.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Ug! No, I did not know that... Are the programmed parameters settings 16-31 in the BMV-712 manual? If so, should I just start with default values and tweak them as necessary?

Here's the schematic that I'm using. The input for the COM port is coming from the VE.Bus Charge Disconnect port, right?

btw, I think we have a mutual friend - Jim Dixon. He replaced the fan in my multiplus a few months back...

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ยท

I have double checked my signal wires. I'm using the following schematic: https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/DS-Lucians-Victron-Van-Automotive-Full.pdf

The batteries will not charge when I use the generator/shore. The VE.Bus Charge Disconnect port has no voltage wether the generator is running or not.

Solar input is working well.

0 Likes 0 ยท