question

jakecloss avatar image
jakecloss asked

MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100 Alarm temperature sense error

I have been getting an alarm going of every day for a few weeks, not relay shore how to resolve the problem.

the error reads as follows: MultiPlus 48/5000/70-100 Alarm temperature sense error.

i have the all in one EasySolar unit with colour control and the BYD Battery-Box Pro 10.0 with 4 batterys in it.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Is a temperature sensor connected to the Easy?

If yes remove it, it is not needed with a BYD battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I'm seeing the same notification on my system with a MultiPlus Compact. I see 2-3 errors 1 second apart every 2-15 days then all is quiet.

I enabled battery temperature in VRM and is shows wild flections from a normal temperature range peaking at around 50 C with no battery current flowing. Could this be a defective sensor?

I have the battery temperature probe that came with the Multi connected to negative post on one of two parallel-connected Battle Born GC2 batteries. I realize the temperature sensor is not used for LFP batteries but would prefer to have a way to monitor battery temperature. Also, I don't understand why having this connected would be an issue. I can certainly disconnect the sensor or simply disable that alarm.

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

Reconnected the temp sensor to the Multi and VRM is reporting stable readings -- so far.

Time will tell if the instability will return. If it does, I'll replace the sensor.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

My system is back to occasional errors. I contacted Battle Born (the place I bought the Multi) to see if they'd send me a warranty replacement sensor. The response I got does not seem right:

"You should remove the temp sensor. The temp sensor is not faulty but not needed in a system where the batteries do not produce heat.
It will cause fluctuations all the time and is not needed in the system."

I realize the temperature sensor is not needed with LFP batteries, but does the Multi really corrupt temperature readings when it's set up for Lithium batteries?

The problem really looks like a loose connection somewhere as the temperature variation simply can't happen in the real world. See graph from VRM:

1620313101109.png

Any expert guidance?

1620313101109.png (37.6 KiB)
2 |3000