question

stavarda avatar image
stavarda asked

Digital multi contol unit required?

Hello All,

Looking at a system with a 12/3000 230 Multi-plus- inverter charger,Dispaly will be the CanGX unit, BMV 712, Will be Gel/ Non Victron Lithium for the first year ( need to buy and import the Victron one after the world crisis) do i still need the Digital Multi control Panel to control the multi plus or can it be done via the CanGX? and the on line portal?

thanks

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

You don't have to have the panel, you can control all the functions from the gx device (I assume you mean can vu gx?)

I'm fact having the panel means that some functions are not controlable from the gx device, like on off inverter only charger only. Can only do that from the panel if ones present in the system

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stavarda avatar image stavarda commented ·

@Jwfrary thanks for the info ( yes the Canvu Gx- the new Cerbo was not availabe when i started buying last year ), i will be looking at upgrading batteries to Victron 2 v 200a i take it i will need a Ve BUS BMS for the M8 connectors on the batteries, is the DMC panel required? have read there is conflict then some features dont work? ( sorry if i should have started a new thread )

0 Likes 0 ·
jwfrary avatar image jwfrary stavarda commented ·

If your talking about the lithium’s then yes you will need a BMS which one depends on your configuration and needs.

digital multi control panel still not needed but you can have it if you want. But if you want to retain control from the online portal then don’t include one as it overrides everything. ( I fitted one on the last install some people find a switch comforting)

for BMS advice you might want to start a new thread!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic