question

told36 avatar image
told36 asked

BlueSolar MPPT 75/50 broken after software update

I connected to VictronConnect, it detected a new firmware and I had to upgrade to continue using VictronConnect.

After the update I got error on Victron software "#116 Lost Calibration Data" its not working anymore. Bulk and Absorption light flashing blue together.

According to Victron toolkit, it means a internal fault and I need replacement.

Its gone past its warranty, so cant send back to dealer, is there any way to roll back.

Any ideas?

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @told36

You should get warranty for that error, don't worry.

If your dealer gives you trouble about that, please let me know.

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

told36 avatar image told36 commented ·

I bought this off fleabay, doubt I'll be able get anywhere. Are you able to help?

Even if it mean a smaller unit I am willing accept as my panels wont exceed 480w.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ told36 commented ·

Hi @told36

A dealer can help you with this, find the nearest one and explain the situation, the dealer will need the serial number.

0 Likes 0 ·
told36 avatar image told36 commented ·

I've contacted a dealer, filled in their online returns form, I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Likes 0 ·
jorge-faria avatar image jorge-faria commented ·

Hi @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

I have the same issue on my Blue solar charger after software update.

My GX color control beeps and de error is always active.

I send a message to Portuguese Victron dealer is Lisbon (Enernaval) and they mailed me this answer, that came from the Head-dealer in Spain:

“The equipment had to be defective and lost its calibration, but the serial number is no longer under warranty. If it were [under warranty] the procedure it would be to send it to Victron, because with the firmware update it detected an internal malfunction and blocked it.”

So they can't do nothing....

What shall I do?

Jorge Faria

Blue Solar Charger 75/50,

HQ1352ZR11U

Up date from V1.13 to 1.46

0 Likes 0 ·
Richard-IJ (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Richard-IJ (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ jorge-faria commented ·

Hello @Jorge Faria, We will replace this unit under warranty. Please contact our distributor EnerNav in Cascais for this. Diana is informed about it.

0 Likes 0 ·
marcin-skrzypek avatar image marcin-skrzypek Richard-IJ (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi. I have a 75/50 mppt and after update it developed the same error. My dealer says it’s out of warranty, while you apparently exchange the faulty units.
serial number is HQ1352CDS27.
Any way you can help?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ marcin-skrzypek commented ·

Hi Martin,

That unit has already been replaced in April this year, where did you buy it?

0 Likes 0 ·
tommy-1 avatar image tommy-1 commented ·

I have the same problem with my BlueSolar 100/50. After update i got error #116 with Bulk and Absorbtion ligth flashing. I guess mine should also be replaced under warranty?

HQ1416RMB82

0 Likes 0 ·
jorge-faria avatar image
jorge-faria answered ·

Hi!

I confirm that I have already been contacted.

Diana at Enernaval is 5*****.

Thank you.

Jorge Faria

2 |3000

erichabg avatar image
erichabg answered ·

Hi,
Now my BlueSolar Charger MPPT 75/15 FW v1.59 is also affected by this error.

It has been runing since some years without any problem. A few days ago I connected it to a Cerbo GX, now this error has occurred. In the error log the last error is reported as "#33 Zu hohe Spannung am Eingang" and the previous error was "#116 Kalibrierungsdaten verloren".

Since only two modules are connected with an open-circuit voltage of 22.3V, an overvoltage is excluded. I assume that the overvoltage error is only a consequential error of the missing calibration data.

The BlueSolar is still listed in the VRM Portal but all Voltages and Currents are always '0'.

I have checked the voltages. At battery connector 26,2V and at the PV terminals about 34V.

Reset to manufacturer data and reflash the Firmware didn't solve the problem.

Serial nb. is HQ152982IUA. I'm located in Germany.

Who can I contact regarding a possible warranty?

Regards

Erich

2 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Am besten den Händler bei dem das Gerät gekauft wurde.
Wenn dieser nicht mehr bekannt ist, kann man dieses Formular nutzen:

https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

0 Likes 0 ·
erichabg avatar image erichabg Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Danke Dir! Hab's dort gleich mal abgesetzt.

0 Likes 0 ·