question

Aabshir avatar image

Help. I have 8s2p (33.6v full. 29.6nominal ) lithium battery and multi-Plus inverter/charge controller 48v?

I was able to find some lithium batteries that are configured 8 series and I have about 10 of them. My question is can I use the Multiplus 48v which technically states it can handle 38 - 66v dc. I am interested in higher voltage like 16s. Has anyone done similar thing . I would have to charge my batteries less than full (4.2) to stay under 66v which is fine with me. I love Victron products now it’s time to go big.. thank you all again. All your suggestions are appreciated

I am aiming for higher voltage like 16s2p to save wire cost and efficiency

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerMultiplus-II48v battery
1 comment
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

It will charge to 64 volt (or 32 volt for 24v system), this means 4 V per cell and you'll miss the top part of the capacity

Good news is Lithium batteries last a lot longer when you don't use the maximum capacity so it's not a problem probably.

Don't forget a good bms!

What modules have you found if I may ask?

1 Answer
WKirby avatar image

Umm, those sort of Voltages are 16s territory for 3.7V nominal cells.

8s2P is 29.6V nominal on 3.7V cells.

Please can you confirm your battery configuration and Voltages?

1 comment Share
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Oops, I meant 29.6 nominal. I was thinking 16s ( another way I can configure but these come in 8s 29.6 nominal and 33.6 full..

I would love to configure this in a 16s2p so I can save money on wires too. I am aiming for the 16s side