question

aabshir avatar image
aabshir asked

Help. I have 8s2p (33.6v full. 29.6nominal ) lithium battery and multi-Plus inverter/charge controller 48v?

I was able to find some lithium batteries that are configured 8 series and I have about 10 of them. My question is can I use the Multiplus 48v which technically states it can handle 38 - 66v dc. I am interested in higher voltage like 16s. Has anyone done similar thing . I would have to charge my batteries less than full (4.2) to stay under 66v which is fine with me. I love Victron products now it’s time to go big.. thank you all again. All your suggestions are appreciated

I am aiming for higher voltage like 16s2p to save wire cost and efficiency

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger48v battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

It will charge to 64 volt (or 32 volt for 24v system), this means 4 V per cell and you'll miss the top part of the capacity

Good news is Lithium batteries last a lot longer when you don't use the maximum capacity so it's not a problem probably.

Don't forget a good bms!

What modules have you found if I may ask?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Umm, those sort of Voltages are 16s territory for 3.7V nominal cells.

8s2P is 29.6V nominal on 3.7V cells.

Please can you confirm your battery configuration and Voltages?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aabshir avatar image aabshir commented ·

Oops, I meant 29.6 nominal. I was thinking 16s ( another way I can configure but these come in 8s 29.6 nominal and 33.6 full..

I would love to configure this in a 16s2p so I can save money on wires too. I am aiming for the 16s side

0 Likes 0 ·