question

solman avatar image
solman asked

Cyrix-ct 120 and domestic battery in sleep mode

For the cyrix-ct 120, it says:

"In order to prevent unexpected operation during installation or when one battery has been disconnected, the Cyrix-ct 12/24 will not close if the voltage on one of the two battery connections is lower than 2 V (12 V battery) or 4 V (24 V battery).

My trailer has a wireless brake controller in between the 7 pin connector and the domestic battery, and goes into sleep mode preventing the domestic battery from sending/receiving any power through the 7 pin. Because the cyrix never sees >2v on the trailer side while the brake controller is in sleep mode, the cyrix never activates. Is there a way to disable the <2v feature, or is there a way to get it work given the domestic battery side may be in ”sleep" mode? Currently, it fails to work in my setup due to the wireless brake controller going into sleep mode.

Cyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Solman, have you tried using the pin 85 start assist function? By my understanding this should override the 2v requirement and force the unit to combine the batteries. You can connect a momentary pushbutton to automatically combine the batteries for 30 seconds (at which point I'm assuming your brake controller would wake up and there wouldn't be an issue anymore) or, for that matter, you could wire a regular switch that forces the combination for as long as you want.

I'm working remotely, so unfortunately don't have access to my test bench to be able to test this, but it's my understanding that this should work for you - see the user manual for wiring/details of the Start Assist function.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solman avatar image solman commented ·

I thought of that as an option but that would defeat the primary purpose i had in mind which is to install it and forget about it. I installed an ordinary isolator and it's working fine, so I'll stick with that instead for now.

0 Likes 0 ·