question

Max avatar image
Max asked

System Design Help

Can someone help me to design a system that will power my oven, which is 12kw single phase drawing 56 Amps of power for 5hours. Please i need number of PV, Batteries, and Mppts

system design
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@oosethoo This is not a simple question to answer. There are so many factors to consider. But this would be minimum (and I am not recommending this as a final proposal), I am aiming to give you a good starting starting point to work from.

I am making many assumptions; to name a few there is nothing else running here at all, grid may not be avalable and ambient temperatures are perfect. Since I have no idea where you are located, trying to making provision for days when ideal solar may not be available/adequate for your load.

1x 48 v 15Kva Victron (possibly parallel 2x 10Kva)

1x 60KWh battery (I would double this so you keep to roughly 50% discharge if not good PV)

3x 250/100 smart solar MPPTs

36 x Victron 360W Panels, correctly set up with the charge controllers have a potential of 12960W of solar power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@oosethoo, this forum is not particularly a place for system design, as per the Community Guidelines. Certainly consider what advice may be given you here, but you should consult with your local authorized Victron dealer as well as consult a reputable and experienced DC systems installer with Victron-specific training to 1. establish your precise needs, 2. develop a system schematic, and 3. spec the appropriate system components based upon the results of items 1 and 2.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic