question

danepb avatar image
danepb asked

Overvoltage on Freedomwon battery on AC Coupled system

Good day all,

I would like to inquire if anyone else has experienced this.

I have a AC coupled system utilizing a 10kWh FreedomWon battery. If the system in ESS is set to 100% SOC, the battery will charge to the absorb/float voltage, 55.8V. As time goes on, the voltage rises and goes to 60V where the battery shuts-down as to protect itself.

The work around is to use a battery in ESS and set the changing target to 95%, and use the excess solar generation to get it to 100%. At this point it sits at the absorb voltage of 55.8V with no problems.

I find this quiet interesting.

Please let me know your comments and ideas.

Thanks

AC PV Coupling
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

It would be helpfull to know what type of setup you have and a diagram of the installation

ie the model of Inverter and all the setup components

How is the PV grid tie inverter shut down if the batteries are full and the grid is disconnected.

if there is no shut down (one way is by frequency shifting the ac hz upwards )then the voltage will just keep going up and up as the pv power has nowhere to go,

to me it sounds like its not setup correctly.

0 Likes 0 ·
danepb avatar image danepb Paul B commented ·

Its a Victron compliant grid inverter what is set up to the AC coupling specification with frequency shift to shut it down and ramp up within the allowance of operation. This is on the AC out1. The system is Multiplus II with Venus and ESS programmed for the FreedomWon as per the installation specifications.

This is only happening when connected to the grid.

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ danepb commented ·

Hi @DanePB

Please try to set in ESS mode 'feed-in excess solarcharger power' to 'on', this will usually solve this problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers