Hi, this is my first experience with a DYI solar. I currently have:
- SmartSolar MPPT 100/20
- BMV-712 Smart
- Victron VE.Direct to USB Cable
- 2 x Ultracell UCG100-12 batteries (http://ultracell.co.uk/datasheets/UCG100-12.pdf) in series - for a 24V system
- 1 x 370W Monocrystalline Panel (https://www.philadelphia-solar.com/uploads/M72_5bb-PS11.pdf)
- PHOCOS PureSine 1000W inverter
I would need some help with the following:
1) Are these the correct battery settings for the SmartSolar for the batteries I have?
- Absobtion voltage: 28.8V
- Max Abs Ttime: 6h
- Float Voltage: 27.00V
- Equalization Voltage: 30.00V
- Temp Compensation: -32.4mV/C
2) What would be the correct setting for the BMV712?
2) Should I connect the BMV Shunt between the batteries and both the SmartSolar and Inverter, or just between batteries and inverter?
3) If I added a second panel the current from the PV will stay within the 20A, but will the Battery charge current also be limited to 20A or can it go higher?
4) Is there a way to get an hourly reporting of Watts, Amps and Voltage?
5) To connect both BMV and SmartSolar to a PC is the simplest way to use two VE.Direct to USB cables?
Sorry for the many questions.